Re: Really dumb newbie question

At 09:44 AM 1/11/01 -0600, you wrote:
>Just curious: what language is being used?  I've heard a lot of
>good things about the Python/WxWindows combo..

I'm using C++; the main reasons behind this are that (a) Python would
introduce another layer of complexity and possible configtool support
issues; (b) I know C++ so I'll be more productive, and (c) since the
original configtool was written in C++, quite a bit of code can be lifted
with minimal translation. But yes, a lot of people rave about wxPython.

The Linux (wxGTK) version is going well and it's starting to allow
configuration viewing and editing.

Although I'm a bit biassed towards wxWindows being its original author, I'm
still pleasantly surprised at how good a job it does ;-) in large part due
to Robert Roebling's excellent GTK+ port, together with his dialog editor.

Regards,

Julian
--
Red Hat UK Ltd, Unit 200 Rustat House, 62 Clifton Road, Cambridge, UK. CB1
7EG Tel: +44 (1223) 271063