Re: EP7211 & Jeeni

>>>>> "danish" == danish iftikhar <d_iftikhar@hotmail.com> writes:

danish> can't undersatnd what's wrong with it .  moreover i am not
danish> able to do step even through GDB ..i have to use "stepi" in
danish> place of that ...why it is so ?
>>  Did you include debugging information (-g option)? Without it
>> there would be no line information to allow a regular step
>> instruction to work.

danish>   ya ! i am including the debugging information ( -g option)
danish> and able to see the source code on the gdb terminal .  Is
danish> there any other option which may be hinderinig the working .
danish> Right now , i am having the gdb stub in the EP7211 board which
danish> initialises the board & after that i conneect through Jeeni .
danish> Do i need to enable some option in ecos.ecc to work in this
danish> combination ( using Jeeni) . If i run the same code using
danish> serial port ( without Jeeni) everything works fine .  I would

Then it's a problem with GDB's Jeeni support. It has nothing to do
with eCos per se. I suggest you ask on the GDB mailing list.

danish> like to know what is Cygmon and can i download that to the
danish> target in place of gdb stub and work . How is that supposed to
danish> work ?  Does that need to change any options in ecos
danish> configuration ?

RedBoot you mean - it's the CygMon replacement. And it does not
provide any debugging features not already provided by the stubs
(well, it allows debugging over ethernet, but that aside).

Jesper