Re: Size of eCos binaries

>After I built the eCos libraries for the ARM chip using the Windows
>Configuration tool, I tried compiling the example programs (hello, serial,
>etc.) with arm-elf-gcc and the accompanying Makefile. The resulting binaries
>were about 1 MB large. Is this typical, or am doing something wrong?

This is normal and typical. Most of that information is debugging
information and ELF stuff. When you upload the binary to the target board
you'll see that the code size is under 128K.

=== Lewin A.R.W. Edwards (Embedded Engineer)
Work: http://www.digi-frame.com/
Personal: http://www.zws.com/ and http://www.larwe.com/

"Und setzet ihr nicht das Leben ein,
Nie wird euch das Leben gewonnen sein."