waitpid and alarm?

Hello,

I've seen this really strange problem. I'm compiling
on Linux using a gcc mips cross compiler for my R3000
target. I've got the latest cvs version of eCos and the network
and snmp modules.

In the module net/snmp/agent/current/src/mibgroup/util_funcs.c
the functions 'waitpid' and 'alarm' are used within the functions
wait_on_exec and restart_hook. Now these two functions are
not used but are defined at global scope. This means that they
end up in the libtarget.a with the functions 'waitpid' and 'alarm'
undefined.

Thats all well and good and everything compiled. I then noticed
that in my compile line I had -ffunction-sections and -fdata-sections
so I took thoes out as they interfered with gdb and tried then to
re-compile.

Could I get it to compiler after that? not a chance! It seemed to think
in the link that waitpid and alarm where undefined. Only putting
-ffunction-section back in aliviated the problem?

To get around the problem I #if them out and took out the
-ffunction-section.
That then allowed me to compile again. I think that maybe these
functions
need to be hashed out in the cvs code until waitpid and alarm can
be supported.

Many thanks for allowing me to rant,
Col.

Colin Ford               PipingHot Networks
Software Engineer        +44 (0)1364 655510