Re: ARM7 debugging

On Tue, Jan 16, 2001 at 04:02:28PM +0100, Ilko Iliev wrote:

> > >    - when I use no windows interface gdb connected to target: gdb>
> > >      target rdi e=192.168.1.100 A user program can be downloaded and
> > >      executed.
> >
> >You should be able to type the same commands into the gdb
> >window when using the windowing interface.  Does that work?
>
> Yes, it work. But if I don't use gdb.ini file how can I init
> the chip select for RAM? It must be before "load".

On my board I solve that problem by loading a small (about 40
words) memory config program into the 8K internal SRAM in the
processor and running it.  That configures the chip select for
the external RAM, which I can then use for my real application.

When I was using the menu entry to load a file, I had it run
that memory config program as part of the "connect script" that
I defined in .gdbinit and configured in the dialog box for the
target.

> The example twothreads don't work with JEENI - I receive no
> timer interrupt. The same elf file work fine with Wiggler. Do
> you have any idea?

That's odd.  I don't know of any reason why the method used to
load the program should change things like that.

--
Grant Edwards
grante@visi.com