Re: i386 target crashes after download

>I built the loader with the following script in a directory named "stub"
>--
>export ECOS_REPOSITORY=/opt/ecos/ecos-1.3.1/packages
>export PATH=/tools/H-i686-pc-linux-gnu/bin:$PATH
>ECOS_TOOLS=/opt/ecos-1.3.1/tools/bin
>$ECOS_TOOLS/ecosconfig new pc stubs
>$ECOS_TOOLS/ecosconfig check
>$ECOS_TOOLS/ecosconfig tree
>make
>--
>...and got those messages:
>
>7 conflict(s) resolved:
>CYGBLD_BUILD_GDB_STUBS:
>   Requires constraint not satisfied:  CYG_HAL_STARTUP == "FLOPPY"
>CYGSEM_HAL_ROM_MONITOR:
>   Requires constraint not satisfied: !CYGDBG_HAL_DEBUG_GDB_CTRLC_SUPPORT
>CYGBLD_BUILD_GDB_STUBS:
>   Requires constraint not satisfied: CYGSEM_HAL_ROM_MONITOR
>CYGBLD_BUILD_COMMON_GDB_STUBS:
>   Requires constraint not satisfied: CYGDBG_HAL_DEBUG_GDB_INCLUDE_STUBS
>CYGBLD_BUILD_GDB_STUBS:
>   Requires constraint not satisfied: CYGBLD_BUILD_COMMON_GDB_STUBS
>CYGBLD_BUILD_GDB_STUBS:
>   Requires constraint not satisfied: !
> CYGDBG_HAL_COMMON_INTERRUPTS_SAVE_MINIMUM_CONTEXT
>CYGBLD_BUILD_GDB_STUBS:
>   Requires constraint not satisfied: ! CYGDBG_HAL_COMMON_CONTEXT_SAVE_MINIMUM
>Target: pc
>Template: stubs
>No conflicts
>(finally :-) build finished

Ok,this looks reasonable.

>When I built the library in a different directory named "target" with
>--
>export ECOS_REPOSITORY=/opt/ecos/ecos-1.3.1/packages
>export PATH=/tools/H-i686-pc-linux-gnu/bin:$PATH
>ECOS_TOOLS=/opt/ecos-1.3.1/tools/bin
>$ECOS_TOOLS/ecosconfig new pc
>$ECOS_TOOLS/ecosconfig check
>$ECOS_TOOLS/ecosconfig tree
>make
>--
>...I got those messages:
>
>1 conflict(s) resolved:
>CYGSEM_HAL_I386_PC_STARTUP_RAM:
>   Requires constraint not satisfied:
> !CYGIMP_HAL_COMMON_INTERRUPTS_USE_INTERRUPT
>Target: pc
>Template: default
>2 conflict(s):
>CYGSEM_HAL_I386_PC_STARTUP_RAM:
>   Requires constraint not satisfied: CYGDBG_HAL_DEBUG_GDB_INCLUDE_STUBS
>CYGSEM_HAL_I386_PC_STARTUP_RAM:
>   Requires constraint not satisfied: CYGDBG_HAL_DEBUG_GDB_BREAK_SUPPORT
>5 conflict(s) resolved:
>CYGSEM_HAL_I386_PC_STARTUP_RAM:
>   Requires constraint not satisfied: CYGDBG_HAL_DEBUG_GDB_INCLUDE_STUBS
>CYGDBG_HAL_DEBUG_GDB_CTRLC_SUPPORT:
>   Requires constraint not satisfied: !CYGDBG_HAL_DEBUG_GDB_BREAK_SUPPORT
>CYGSEM_HAL_I386_PC_STARTUP_RAM:
>   Requires constraint not satisfied: CYGDBG_HAL_DEBUG_GDB_BREAK_SUPPORT
>CYGDBG_HAL_DEBUG_GDB_CTRLC_SUPPORT:
>   Requires constraint not satisfied: !CYGDBG_HAL_DEBUG_GDB_BREAK_SUPPORT
>CYGSEM_HAL_I386_PC_STARTUP_RAM:
>   Requires constraint not satisfied: CYGDBG_HAL_DEBUG_GDB_BREAK_SUPPORT
>(finally :-) build finished
>I could get rid of the conflicts by editing the ecos.ecc file.

This is strange, I do not have any conflicts that need to be resolved by
hand.. What version of ecos you are using? The latest CVS snapshot? Your
install path of ecos looks like you are using ecos-1.3.1 release, are you?

My experience was, that upgrading, to the latest cvs version solves a lot
of problems..

Cheers,
Chris

--