Re: compiling safl.c

Jesus Molina wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am working with a strongARM ebsa285 board. kernel version
> 2.4.0-test10.
> I have problems compiling the flash drivers. These are the
> problems.
>
> Trying to compile safl.c the pointed modversions.h was a "fake" saying
> #error Modules should never use kernel-headers system headers
> #error but headers from an appropriate kernel-source file.
> I chanded the -f option of teh Makefile to a copy of modversions.h in the
> sources.
>
> Also when compiling vm_offset was not found. It seems that in 2.4.0, The
> vm_offset member of the vm_area_struct definition (<linux/mm.h>) seems to
> have been replaced with vm_pgoff. I replaced this, and finally i get my .o
> driver, but with a lot of warnings. and an unresolved symbol safl-scan, so
> I cannot install the module. When compiling, the exact error is:
>
> In function 'init-module':
> safl.c:200: warning: impllicit declaration of function 'safl_scan'
>
> Anybody knows why this symbol is unresolved?

Yes, this module has not been updated for kernel 2.4.0 :-). Try
conditionalizing the init_module function in salf.c to only be present for
2.3 and up, i.e.

#ifdef LINUX_VERSION_CODE < 0x23000
int
init_module(void)
{
    if (safl_debug)
        printk(KERN_INFO "%s", version);
    return safl_scan();
}
#else
module_init( safl_scan() )
#endif

If you do get it working, please try and send us all the changes you made!

Un cheval, pas du glue. Pas du cheval, beaucoup du glue. || Opinions==mine