Re: signal SIGTRAP, Trace/breakpoint trap???

Wilson Kwan wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I recently compiled the serial.c example program (using the lastest cvs
> sources). I was able to get it running on my target EP7211 board. I made
> some changes to it recompiled it and successfully ran it again. Now when I
> try to run the program I keep getting a "signal SIGTRAP, Trace/breakpoint
> trap???". This started happening after I ran it the second time in
> Insight/GDB 5.0 with the eCos patches.
>
> Going back to the command line gdb I still get this problem. I've included a
> couple gdb sessions below if it will help. What is going on here? Also after
> I set the remote target I get a weird string back from GDB "0xe0001964 in ??
> ()". Anyone know what this is?

Note that the message you get with the SIGTRAP:

Program received signal SIGTRAP, Trace/breakpoint trap.
[Switching to thread 0]
0xe0001964 in ?? ()

reports that the processor is at the same address as when you connected
with target remote. i.e. the target has reset itself for some reason. But
there isn't enough info here to determine exactly _why_ this has happened.

You may want to set breakpoints in places like cyg_hal_invoke_constructors,
or cyg_user_start to see if it reaches those points in the startup
sequence.