Turn off gdb console?

Hi!  Quick question...

I'm trying to run the test applications in the latest eCos CVS
repository, like dhrystone, over ethernet using RedBoot on the MBX.
As expected, whenever there's a printf() in dhrystone, it shows up on
the serial port, formatted as a gdb "console output" message.

This behavior would make sense if I was talking to the MBX target over
the serial port, but I'm not.  Furthermore, what I would like to see
is raw, streaming output from dhrystone on the serial port; I want to
control the application via ethernet, but not have the console tied to
gdb's console.

I gave my ecos.ecc file a quick skim, and didn't come across anything
that was obviously related to console output formatting.  What's the
CYG_xxx that I use?

Thanks!

b.g.
--