ecos: TCP/UDP/IP with Linux simulator

I am designing a mobile robot with a wireless interface.  It will
communicate via TCP/UDP/IP to a server on a Linux host.  I want to
simulate all the robot software (including ecos with the tcp/udp/ip
stack) with ecos linux simulator.
Is this possible ?
Will the tcp/udp/ip interface simuate properly ?
Do I have to write some kind of dummy/simulation driver for the wireless
interface ?

Thanks,
Brendan Simon.