Re: Networkdebugging on i386

>>>>> "Christian" == Christian Plessl <cplessl@ee.ethz.ch> writes:

Christian> I'm mainly interessted in debugging remotely via
Christian> ethernet. RedBoot should give me that option, does it?

I believe there is contributed RedBoot support for x86. But I don't
know if it's available for download. Check through the archives.

Christian> So, did anybody manage to build RedBoot for i386? I suppose
Christian> it needs some work in the "obscure" virtual vector code
Christian> (what ever this is, I could not figure out this yet...)

Obscure? :)  Did you read this:
http://sources.redhat.com/ecos/docs-latest/porting/hal-calling-if.html

Granted, it needs updating as I've just made some changes today. And
it could do with a short primer on _why_ we need the virtual vectors,
not just what they are. That'll all come in due course.

Jesper