No eCos for ColdFire?

It would seem that ColdFire would be a natural target for eCos.  Are there
plans for any to support ColdFire?

-----Original Message-----
From: Donnat Eric [mailto:e.donnat@ri.silicomp.fr]
Sent: Thursday, February 01, 2001 12:30 PM
To: ecos-discuss
Subject: Re: [ECOS] ecos: TCP/UDP/IP with Linux simulator

Brendan J Simon wrote:

> Jonathan Larmour wrote:
>
> > Brendan J Simon wrote:
> >
> >> I am designing a mobile robot with a wireless interface.  It will
> >> communicate via TCP/UDP/IP to a server on a Linux host.  I want to
> >> simulate all the robot software (including ecos with the tcp/udp/ip
> >> stack) with ecos linux simulator.
> >> Is this possible ?
> >> Will the tcp/udp/ip interface simuate properly ?
> >> Do I have to write some kind of dummy/simulation driver for the
wireless
> >> interface ?
> >
> > The TCP stack cannot be simulated on the linux synthetic target yet. As
> > think you are hinting at, it is possible to write a "driver" that could
use
> > linux system calls to communicate with an external process, so that eCos
> > thinks it is talking to an ethernet card when it isn't really. But
no-one
> > has done that yet.
> >

> With regards to the TCP/IP thing, I'm sure I can conjour up something.
> Why can't the TCP/IP stack be simulated ??  The only thing I think you
> would need would be simulated physical drivers (eg. ethernet).
>
> Thanks,
> Brendan Simon.

the TCP/IP thing is in IMO, surely possible. Perhaps one way is to
look at the Linux virtual ethernet device TAP (part of the VTUN project).
So, if anybody think it's wrong, I would wish him to explain us why not ...

Thanks,

--
Eric DONNAT

Silicomp Research Institute
2 avenue de Vignate, 38610 Gieres, France.
http://www.ri.silicomp.com