RE: ROM startup on EBD7212

Hi Dan,

>Sometimes i have seen problems where you can change options in the config
>tool, save them, and they dont get reflected properly in the build tree.

It turns out that this is most assuredly the problem. I don't know if it
applies to the Linux tools as well (probably it does), but the linker
script files are not removed by make clean (which means the Windows config
tool Build -> Clean option doesn't remove them either). They are seemingly
only generated on a totally virgin build.

I have now created two sets of ecos working directories, one for ROM and
one for RAM startup, and everything is working great (Thanks Gary :).

>arm-elf-objdump --disassemble image.exe | less
>and verify the address on the left corresponds to your rom.

arm-elf-objdump -h image.exe shows all the info necessary... it led me on
the trail.

=== Lewin A.R.W. Edwards (Embedded Engineer)
Work: http://www.digi-frame.com/
Personal: http://www.zws.com/ and http://www.larwe.com/

"Und setzet ihr nicht das Leben ein,
Nie wird euch das Leben gewonnen sein."