From: ecos-discuss-owner@sources.redhat.com
[mailto:ecos-discuss-owner@sources.redhat.com]On Behalf Of Lewin A.R.W.
Edwards
Sent: Monday, February 05, 2001 9:33 AM
To: ecos-discuss@sources.redhat.com
Subject: [ECOS] Is an EP7312 port in the works?

I've been speaking to Cirrus Logic about the EP7312 (which will replace the
EP7212), and it seems fairly certain that it will be designed into our new
products. Can someone at RH please confirm/deny that an "official" port is
being worked on? If there is no current official plan to port the EDB7xxx
code to the 7312, I will work on it myself via the horror of CVS (wish me
luck :/)

I'm not sure what the eval board for the 7312 will offer, but I think it
will be very similar to the 7212's (SDRAM instead of DRAM, and possibly
faster clock speeds). Assuming I work on my own port, should I create a new
HAL or subtype the existing EDB7xxx HAL?

-- Lewin A.R.W. Edwards
Embedded Engineer, Digi-Frame Inc.
http://www.digi-frame.com/
Tel (914) 937-4090 9am-6:30pm M-F ET