Re: Anyone tried to integrate ARM's MP3 playback code?

Hi Lewin,

--- "Lewin A.R.W. Edwards" <larwe@larwe.com> wrote:
> Has anyone successfully integrated ARM's reference [binary] MP3
> decoder into eCos? I don't want detailed code [well, I do, but I'm
> not asking for it] - I'd just like an indication of whether it can
> be done, so I can decide whether to try or just write my own
> implementation based on the ISO sources.

If you mean the ARM MPEG-2 Audio Layer III Decoder library, then I
can tell you that we currently busy integrating it. The nasty thing
about this library is that it expects the data to be big endian,
while the data is stored little endian.

This means endian swap before playing, which is easy when you're
using 32kHz and 48kHz files. 44.1kHz files are more of a promblem,
since its frame size can vary (1040 or 1041 bytes). As a result of
this you have to watch out that you do not swap the sync word of
the next frame.

Success,
Martin