Re: GDB stubs on EDB7211

Hi Olaf,

> With this gdb_module.bin I get all kinds of errors when I try to debug the
> hello.c example program ("arm-elf-gdb -nw hello.exe" from a cygwin prompt
on
> win2000). I download the hello.exe program via the gdb load cmd and than
do
> e.g. stepi or cont. In both cases (stepi and cont) I get random results,
> sometimes a SIGTRAP, sometimes a SIGBUS, and I also experienced some
> 'Spurious interrupt' messages.

I also had problems like this. To fix this problem you should build the
stubs as one target and the main eCos kernel library as another (ie. two
configuration files). This will create two sets of directories for your
targets. I found that sometimes things behaved strangely if I used the same
configuration for both the library and stub builds. You can also try
before you do a rebuild. This often fixes things for me. It seems the clean
option doesn't fully clean things out but I haven't verified this.

On the hardware side make sure you turn the board off and on again after a
SIGBUS error. This seems to help for me when I get this error.

Good luck,

Wilson