Re: ARM Thumb - not working under Linux either

    Lewin> Today I installed a Red Hat 6.1 system just to see if I
    Lewin> could get Thumb compiler support. I successfully built
    Lewin> binutils 2.10 and gdb 5.0 and gcc (CVS snapshot from last
    Lewin> week), all configured for arm-elf.

Apart from the other problems, please note that there was a recent
change to gcc (January 21st according to gcc.gnu.org) affecting the
way that the header file dependency information is generated. The new
format is incompatible with the current eCos build system: it should
not prevent the initial build of eCos itself, but it would prevent
subsequent rebuilds and it might also prevent building of test cases.
The problem needs further investigation, but so far we have not found
a simple solution that will work reliably with both the old and new
formats.

Bart