Re: ARM Thumb - not working under Linux either

Hello Jonathan,

> > Do you have any insight on why I can't get eCos compiled with Thumb
> > interworking? It would be an acceptable workaround for me if I could have
>
>I had a quick look. What you are seeing is messages like the following?
>
>home/jlarmour/sourceware/test/arm-elf/H-i686-pc-linux-gnu/lib/gcc-lib/arm-elf/2.97/../../../../arm-elf/bin/ld:
>_div_df.o(__divdf3): warning: interworking not enabled.
>
>This object is actually from libgcc - part of the compiler. It has not been
>built with -mthumb-interwork.

Yeah, and thank you for pointing out this very dumb mistake. I didn't think
of libgcc at all; I had this feeling in my head that all I was linking was
eCos and my app, despite having written the makefile by hand :/

>You probably need to edit (in your gcc sources) gcc/config/arm/t-arm-elf
>and uncomment:
>
># MULTILIB_OPTIONS    += mno-thumb-interwork/mthumb-interwork
># MULTILIB_DIRNAMES   += normal interwork
># MULTILIB_EXCEPTIONS += *mapcs-26/*mthumb-interwork*

Excellent suggestion, thanks. I will try that tonight or tomorrow. Right
now I am wrestling with a couple of sourcefiles that no longer compile
under the new gcc (they are part of mpeg2dec and it seems to be a new
preprocessor bug).

=== Lewin A.R.W. Edwards (Embedded Engineer)
Work: http://www.digi-frame.com/
Personal: http://www.zws.com/ and http://www.larwe.com/

"Und setzet ihr nicht das Leben ein,
Nie wird euch das Leben gewonnen sein."