TCP/IP stack does not work when loading via GDB

Hi

I have recently ported eCOS to a custom PowerPC based board. The board is
very similar to the MBX, and I used the MBX HAL as a basis for my custom
HAL. (Very minimal changes were required).

I have redboot working, and I can use it to download a RAM based application
that includes networking.

The application runs and the TCP/IP stack appears to be functioning.

However, if I download the same application using GDB via TCP, then
"continue", I get the normal network stack information messages printed out
the diag port, my application runs (LEDs are flashing), but the
quicc_eth_int never gets called.

(The same thing happens if I use GDB via serial).

I am using the anoncvs version as of the 10 Feb 2001 with a patch for static
IP addresses in Redboot.

Another problem I have noticed, is that to get GDB to download via TCP I had
to set the option "set remote X-packet disable", otherwise I would get alot
of "Naks" when attempting the download.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Regards

Alex Brown