Re: Examples of eCos in use

Hi Fred,

Our customer base is somewhat hard to judge, as per Red Hat's open
source ethos we publish our sources and many groups choose to
download eCos for free from http://sources.redhat.com/ecos and
build it into their systems. As you've seen we have a very active
developer community with a dedicated mailing list. You may be able
to gauge the level of interest and markets from some of the postings
here.

We do have a number of significant partners, customers that we have
developed complete board ports or specific functionality for. We
also have customers that we provide straight support and consulting
services to.

You (and perhaps your suits & ties) may find our press centre of
some interest, we have a few publicly announced projects:-

   Delphi automotive
   http://www.redhat.com/about/presscenter/2001/press_delphi.html

   high end Brother network printer
   http://www.redhat.com/about/presscenter/2000/press_ecos.html

   IObjects HipZip
   http://www.redhat.com/about/presscenter/2000/press_iobjects.html

We also have a variety of ports in progress that we are not able
to publicly discuss.

We expect the CeBit show at the end of March to be a good showcase
for eCos.

Your management may find that our test farms are of particular value
to our customers. We repeat regression tests against the various
boards that we support as we continue to develop and enhance eCos.
Included in the farms are customers boards that are maintained under
contract, we can apply the same cycles of regression testing against
these too.

We of course ship sources, so customers may archive the tools and
operating system itself.  As part of our support contracts we vault
OS & tools deliverables made to customers so that we will be able
to reproduce the client's environment.

I hope this helps (I mention the test farm etc. as this was one
of the key factors that led me to recommend a shift to eCos at a
former employer).

 Daniel