Re: connection arm-elf-gdb and EDB7211

On Fri, 16 Feb 2001, Edelmann Thomas wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a problem connecting to the CirrusLogic Evaluationboard EDB7211.
>
> I can download the cygmon.bin via serial line without any problem. But I'm
> unbable to get a connection for arm-elf-gdb to the stub.
>
> I'm starting arm-elf-gdb and enter then 'set remotebaud 38400' and 'target
> remote /dev/ttyS0'. These commands should open the connection to the board.
> When I try afterwards to download my little hello program (specified on the
> commandline 'arm-linux-gdb hello') I receive only "Ignoring packet error,
> continueing...".
>
> Has anybody the same problem or eventually a solution for the problem.

I had the same problem with an assabet board though.
For this board you can download the image for the gdb stubs via a JTAG
cable using a programmer running on a PC. I was using Linux for developemt
and a laptop for downloading the image file for gdb stubs onto the board.
The laptop was not networked so i had to move the image file on a floppy.
What proved to be the problem was the floppy disk itself. If you download
a corrupted image file nothing will work.

Also try to use some ready made binary from the eCos site to test if this
is working properly on the board.
I am not familiar with the board your are working with but can you
download an image using the serial port ?

So make sure the image is right  an it is downloaded right.

good luck,
vlassis