Re: DOS filing system

Hi David,

>hopping there is support for a DOS filing system. I see from the news that
>there is support for PCMCIA and there is also a filing system. What I want
>to do is write to ATA flash cards (PCMCIA and compact flash) from eCos in
>DOS format.

Unfortunately while several people including myself have developed DOS
filesystems that run under eCos, licensing problems preclude us from
releasing the source to the eCos community at this time.

So you'll need to do most of the work to get a DOS filesystem running. eCos
handles the mechanics of routing application calls into your filesystem,
but you need to do all the disk-banging yourself. (The good news is that
FAT12/16/32 are all pretty easy to support, especially if you don't support
the special cases for FAT32. Figure about 2-3 weeks of development time).

=== Lewin A.R.W. Edwards (Embedded Engineer)
Work: http://www.digi-frame.com/
Personal: http://www.zws.com/ and http://www.larwe.com/

"Und setzet ihr nicht das Leben ein,
Nie wird euch das Leben gewonnen sein."