make i386 pc target boot floppy

Hi all:

When I use Configuration Tool to make an i386 pc target boot floppy, it default just contains a TTY-mode serial device driver.
Should I add pc serial device drivers or change other configurations?
My problem is that I can not connect my host and target through COM ports.
Thanks in advance.

----
謝豪哲
John Hsieh