RE: porting ecos...

On 24-Feb-2001 ±èÀç¿ë wrote:
> Please help me..
> I don't even know concept of porting, but I have to port ecos in EDB7209-2C
> ARM7 board of Cirrus..
> I have followed instruction in redhat Web Site and downloaded ecos-1.3.1
> and
> extracted...
> And compiled, installed binutils, gcc, gdb in arm target, following
> instruction
> of
> http://sources.redhat.com/ecos/install-linux.html and
> http://sources.redhat.com/ecos/tools/linux-arm-elf.html
> executable comes arm-elf-gcc etc.
>
> and I don't know what I should do next to port ecos.
> I guess I have to cross-compile kernel, but I don't know how to do that.
> Neither document in redhat Web site nor document in ecos package told me
> what
> to do next. and seems to skip..
> Please tell me what I should do next in detail, including command with
> option
> and argument. Sorry, I am beginner in ecos and porting
> I have not much time and urgent.
> And another question..is ecos included in Embedded Linux?
> Please answer..
> I will wait for your answer.

Firstly, for the Cirrus Logic board you mention, no porting is required
at all as this is one of the platforms we support.

Secondly, you would be much better off by using the eCos sources from
anonymous CVS.  See http://sources.redhat.com/ecos/anoncvs.html

Once you've obstained the latest sources and installed both the sources
and the tools on your system (I assume that you are using Linux for
your development host, based on your references above) then you can
create an eCos kernel for your board.  Once you have a kernel, then
you build and run applications on the board by downloading them using
GDB.

This whole process is rather fully explained in the eCos "Getting
Started Guide" and hardware installation notes.  The full text is
available from our web site at:
  http://sources.redhat.com/ecos/docs.html

If you have additional problems or questions, just send them to
this same eCos discussion list.