CVS sources under Cygwin again - is this easy?

Hi people,

I've had to move to a Win98-only system again, at least for the time being,
and I'm making a college try at getting CVS sources to compile on it. Could
someone tell me if I've done/omitted something obvious here:

* downloaded and installed latest cygwin and ecos 1.3.1
* downloaded updates to configtool and ecosconfig
* set repository location in registry using configtool
* set an ECOS_REPOSITORY env variable in cygwin manually
* Added progra~1\redhat~1\ecos\tools\bin to my path (in cygwin)
* created temp build directory and saved a .ecc in it using the graphical tool
* configtool won't let you build under Win98, so I need to create a build
tree manually with ecosconfig tree

I've tried it with the repository mounted both in text and binary modes,
and I always get the same response; ecosconfig list or ecosconfig tree both
give thousands of lines like this:

ecos.db, package CYGPKG_HAL_MIPS: warning
     This package does not have any valid version subdirectories.
=== Lewin A.R.W. Edwards (Embedded Engineer)
Work: http://www.digi-frame.com/
Personal: http://www.zws.com/ and http://www.larwe.com/

"Und setzet ihr nicht das Leben ein,
Nie wird euch das Leben gewonnen sein."