Re: Build eCos and Handle/Interrupts problems

[ Ah this original has arrived ]

Carlos Eduardo dos Reis Rodrigues Sobrinho wrote:

> I also have some questions about interrupts and handles like how can I make
> a program with two threads, one that printf the cosine of a number and the
> other one (don't know if i need another one or if one thread is enough) that
> is only active when the push button of the AEB is pressed for example.The
> one near the reset button.

You mean the interrupt button? That only delivers an interrupt. Even if you
configure it to be level triggered (rather than edge triggered) it would
mean getting far too many interrupts while the button is depressed.

If my understanding is wrong, then find out what interrupt the button is
associated with, and write an application using the kernel C API that
attaches an ISR and DSR to that interrupt. In the DSR, suspend the thread
whatever way you like depending on what its doing (and whether it needs to
finish it whenever the button is released).

> BTW I'm trying to add a board to the AEB with two more chip of SRAM 512
> Kbytes and one more chip of flash with 1 Mb along with the other three that
> the board bring (2 SRAM and one FLASH). It's going to be build using almost
> the same maner that the other ones use. My other question is: is it to
> dificult to build the ecos OS for that board, I mean to use the RAM as a
> whole and the FLASH as a whole?

It should be fine although you will need to use the memory layout tool to
redefine your memory layout obviously. And you will need to change the
memory mappings (AEB_SRAM/AEB_BAD) in
hal/arm/aeb/VERSION/include/hal_platform_setup.h

> Another BTW since I can't use the configtool in Win98 can I use it 100% in
> Win NT or win95?I also have RH6.2 in another partition, should I use it?

Windows 95 will suffer from the some problems as Windows 98. NT is a better
bet, especially since you want to use the memory layout tool. If you don't
mind, or prefer command line operation, Linux is also fine.