Re: PowerPC Ports

>>>>> "Robert" == Robert Klinkhammer <klink@mediaone.net> writes:

Robert> I downloaded that latest version of ecos (1.3.1) since I have
Robert> been = thinking of using it.  I noticed that it only supports
Robert> 603 via simulation.

Robert> If I were to go about porting this to other powerpc variants,
Robert> would the = perferred approach be to extend the current 60x
Robert> support to include this, and then, via defines, deal = with
Robert> the specific differences?  These defines would have to be
Robert> entered into the "cdl" stuff?  sigh...

Yup. The only CDL change necessary should be adding the below though:

    cdl_component CYGPKG_HAL_POWERPC_PPC750 {
        display       "PowerPC 750 microprocessor"
        default_value 1
        implements    CYGINT_HAL_POWERPC_VARIANT
        description "
            The PowerPC 750 microprocessor."

        cdl_option CYGHWR_HAL_POWERPC_FPU {
            display    "Variant FPU support"
            calculated 1
        }

        cdl_option CYGPKG_HAL_POWERPC_MSBFIRST {
            display    "CPU Variant big-endian"
            calculated 1
        }
    }

Spoils the naming scheme though - it is based on a 604 core, right?
But also introduces some new stuff... G4, right?  We may want to
create a new 7xx variant HAL.

Robert> Or,. the other question would be, has anyone already done
Robert> this? I am = hoping to use a motorola 750 based board.

To the best of my knowledge you are the first to mention the 750.

Jesper