Re: CVS sources under Cygwin again - is this easy?

Hello Bart,

>    >> > ecos.db, package CYGPKG_HAL_MIPS: warning
>     >> >      This package does not have any valid version subdirectories.
>     >>
>     >> If it's found ecos.db it's found the repository. The obvious
>     >> question is whether there really is anything sensible under
>     >> $ECOS_REPOSITORY/hal/mips/arch/
>
>     Lewin> It's a source tree that was building A-OK under Linux; I
>
>ecos.db lists a package CYGPKG_HAL_MIPS, which refers to a
>subdirectory hal/mips/arch
>The configuration tools read in ecos.db, then look inside this
>subdirectory for specific versions. In an anoncvs tree there should be

I understand how this much works - missing files are not the problem. The
above error occurs once for every single package in the database,
CYGPKG_HAL_MIPS was just an example that happened to be onscreen when I
pressed ^C. The "current" directories are indeed present (and lowercase, if
it matters). As I said, earlier, this exact set of files was building just
fine under Linux.

I've re-downloaded the latest CVS using a Windows CVS tool, but there is
something more sinister afoot, because as I indicated in a later message,
even if I just have vanilla 1.3.1 installed on the system, ecosconfig still
reports an error.

=== Lewin A.R.W. Edwards (Embedded Engineer)
Work: http://www.digi-frame.com/
Personal: http://www.zws.com/ and http://www.larwe.com/

"Und setzet ihr nicht das Leben ein,
Nie wird euch das Leben gewonnen sein."