Re: Porting to H8S

Hi Hansi

>I have in mind that eCos is designed for 16, 32 and 64bit CPUs, isn't it?

As far as I know your not right. eCos is running some 64bit CPUs but these
CPUs are running in 32bit mode, I don't know if anybody did a port to real
64bit. But this should be much easier, than the other way round, going from
32 to 16 bit.

>I'm sure that the work would not be easy.
>Another thing that I saw is that the GNUPro tools not supports ELF with
>the H8. Is this a problem?

I don't know if ELF is required for eCos. Maybe you should search the list
archives.

/Chris

--
Christian Plessl <cplessl@ee.ethz.ch>