Re: Porting to H8S

     > I have in mind that eCos is designed for 16, 32 and 64bit CPUs,
     > isn't it?

Correct, although to date it has only really been ported to 32-bit
CPUs. There is no fundamental reason why eCos could not be ported to
64-bit platforms, but obviously there may well be problems lurking
here and there. To date nobody has contributed patches related to
64-bit support or paid for Red Hat to do the relevant work.

Similarly it should be possible to run eCos on at least some 16-bit
CPUs, although that term is rather more ambiguous than 32-bit or
64-bit.

     > I'm sure that the work would not be easy.
     > Another thing that I saw is that the GNUPro tools not supports
     > ELF with the H8. Is this a problem?

That is likely to be a problem. Some of the compiler/linker
functionality that eCos uses, e.g. constructor priority ordering, are
relatively easy when using ELF image format but not with older
formats.

Bart