Re: StrongARM SA1110

"Lewin A.R.W. Edwards" wrote:

> >1. In your instructions for the tools set, is the default
> >    Little Endian or Big Endian.  Is there a way to tell if
>
> In general it seems Red Hat prefers little-endian.

More specifically, most eval board vendors prefer little-endian. We can
only follow them.

> Past discussions on this
> list have indicated that not everything is guaranteed to work in big-endian
> mode.

We do test big-endian operation on certain platforms. Some device drivers
may not have been tested on a big-endian platform though (although that's
not to say they won't work). Do you have any specific problems to report?

> I don't know exact answers to your second question, but if you did an
> "ecosconfig new assabet redboot" and then "ecosconfig tree" then "make" you
> would wind up with the RedBoot debugger/loader for the Assabet board.
> Exactly how to load this onto the target board varies with hardware. I'm
> using ARM, not SA, so I can't advise much there :) THe closest document I
> can see is
> <http://sources.redhat.com/ecos/docs-latest/tutorials/arm/ecos-tutorial.d.html#pgfId=2562385>.

Instead look at:

http://sources.redhat.com/ecos/docs-latest/redboot/redboot.7.html#pgfId=2688227

for the Assabet.

Also just doing "ecosconfig new assabet redboot" may be sufficient but is
not really complete. As mentioned at
http://sources.redhat.com/ecos/docs-latest/redboot/redboot.5.html#pgfId=2639328
you should use configuration export files supplied with each platform. So
for the assabet, look in hal/arm/sa11x0/assabet/current/misc/ for the .ecm
files.