Question about boot loading and so on

Hello,

Sorry for my question, but for me ecos and embedded systems are new!
I have now a very easy question for you, but I have searched now a lot
thrugh the docu and I have tested to compile ecos and I was not able to find
the answer.
If I compile ecos (default configuration for i386) with the configuration
tool, the only things that I receive are the object files and librarys.
isn't it? If I make the tests than I receive exe files. Are this the image
to load on the board where ecos is running or can I use only with the gdb
module?
Until now I have found something in the case when I wan't use the gdb
module.
Can anyone say me, where I can find more about that in the docu?

Thanks a lot!

Regards
Hansjoerg