Re: ROM startup on EP7212

"Lewin A.R.W. Edwards" wrote:

> Does the DIAG LED come on when you hit the wakeup button?

Hi Lewin,
Yes it does. However I've noticed that it does only if I switch off and switch
on the
board before doing the "ureset wakeup" (if the boards remains switched on and
I do several "ureset wakeup", then only the first and sometimes second ones
make the DIAG come on.

> If so, try to compilfde this little example (just paste it over hello.c).
> Connect a loudspeaker to position LS2 on the board. If you hear a beep out
> of it, then the code is running and getting to main() OK.

No this example doesn't make the buzzer work, although the diag led turns on.

What date your version of ecos is?

The reason I've tested back the rom startup of hello.c. Is that I have just
finished testing  a client/server application with the redboot monitor. This
worked
fine, but the application gets stuck once I moved it to rom startup mode. So I
just wanted
to add some tracing (simple printf calls) to check on the hyperterminal  how
far the application
on the board is going? but couldn't.

Thank you again for your help.

Fano