Re: ROM startup on EP7212

"Lewin A.R.W. Edwards" wrote:

> Hi Fano,
>
> > > Does the DIAG LED come on when you hit the wakeup button?
> >
> >Yes it does. However I've noticed that it does only if I switch off and switch
> >on the board before doing the "ureset wakeup" (if the boards remains
> >switched on and I do several "ureset wakeup", then only the first and
> >sometimes second ones make the DIAG come on.
>
> This is some artifact of the Cirrus board. I haven't bothered to look into
> this issue extensively (because it just didn't seem that important) but I
> think the state of the boot jumper is only read on powerup or hard reset
> (NOT user reset). My two EDB7212s are both a bit flaky/recalcitrant about
> being re-flashed, quite often it seems to "tire" the board and I need to
> leave it off for a few minutes before the board will work again.
>
> >No this example doesn't make the buzzer work, although the diag led turns on.
>
> Then your code is probably never getting to main.

One application I've managed to run on rom startup mode is a video decoder,
which displays the video on the LCD screen. For this code control reaches the
main. I was rather thinking about a mistake on the configuration of the serial
line driver,
or a change (with respect to the 1.3.1 version of the driver) which could explain
why "printf"
of "diag_printf" didn't send data to the serial port.

> Maybe you could email me
> the compiled .exe (not the .bin) and I could have a quick look at it?

I'll send you the hello.exe file offline.

> Also, did you change the CPU variant to EP7212? (Not that it seems to make
> any difference).

Yes I did.

> >What date your version of ecos is?
>
> I have built ROM-startup binaries (working, of course) using the 1.3.1
> release and also using CVS, the most recent CVS checkout date for which
> I've tested ROM startup is 2001-02-28.

I'll check if my problem is solved with a more recent version of eCos.

> There's a deep problem here, control doesn't seem to be passing to your
> program. Put a write to one of the GPIO ports as the first thing in main()
> and see if the chip's pin changes state to absolutely confirm this.

Do you mean serial port when you say GPIO? and how can I check the chip's pin
changes
practically (sorry I'm a software oriented guy and don't have much experience
yet on hardware manipulation).

Thank you for your help.

Fano