Re: Count and Clock?

YuHsueh Chou wrote:

> Hello all,
>
>    what is defferent between count and clock in eCos reference Manual?
> may you take an example for me. thanks a lot for your response..

Counters can be incremented as and when, whereas clocks are a special case
of counter that are regularly periodic. Clocks are counters with a
resolution. That resolution gives you the period between the regular clock
ticks.

A clock example is, of course, the kernel real time clock which is
periodic.

Alarms are associated with counters, not only clocks (which are just a
special form of counter). So you can use this to cause an alarm handler to
run after the counter reaches a certain value, e.g. every 10 events.