Re: License restrictions

Another question on this topic....

What if someone were to emulate a library or device API of a GPLd piece of
code but did not use any of the GPL code? Is it legal to write *from
scratch* a new driver to emulate the interface for interoperability, this of
course would involve looking at the header files at a minimum?

Thanks,
Wilson

> Robert Ritchey wrote:
> >
> > How do the licenses for Linux and eCos intertwine, if at all.  If I
wanted
> > to use a
> > driver in Linux as a starting point for an eCos driver is there a
problem
> > with that?
> > What restrictions do I need to be aware of?  Thanks.
>
> If you own the copyright you can change the licence is you see fit.
However