Re: GDB remote debug problem ??

ªL§Ó³Ó wrote:

> Hi everyone:
>
>     I am porting eCos on my custom MPC823 board.
> Redboot can boot from flash and work fine on my board.
> I want use GDB to debug hello example step by step.
> If I uncheck the set any breakpoint at target settings.. ;
> The console can see"Hello eCos world " output.
> But if I check set breakpoint at main, the console will show
> $T05thread:00000002;40:000204ac;01:00031af8;#b4
> and GDB on my NT can't control my borad any more.
> What problem may I meet?? Is redboot problem, hello,
> or GDB problem??

That $T packet indicates that you have hit the breakpoint in main. But
unless you have enabled remote protocol debugging within GDB, you shouldn't
have seen that - it's part of the underlying protocol. And then of course
you could be able to continue the program from the breakpoint by typing
"continue" - I assume this isn't happening?