Re: How to make a code from RAM startup to ROM startup?

Ling> <1>. I changed the CYG_HAL_STARTUP from RAM to ROM in ecos.ecc,
Ling> is that enough?

It should be.

Ling>  <2>. If my code have some diag_printf() procedure call, should
Ling> I remove them?

If you do, the HAL IO driver should not be included and you'll save
some space.

Ling>  <3>. Actually we I debugging my code, I find the serial port 1
Ling> is very unstable due to the use of diag_printf(), since the call
Ling> doesn't go through serial driver, and some conflicts will happen
Ling> easily when I am writing to serial 1, and diag_printf write to
Ling> serial 0. If I use GDB to debug, I am not sure if gdb stub will
Ling> keep polling the serial port if I doesn't set up any break point
Ling> and just let it free run after downloading the code, since I
Ling> always meet serial port write failure, I think this point might
Ling> be suspicious. Anyone know this? Please shed me some light!

It's not quite clear to me what you are asking for, but using both the
HAL IO and the serial IO driver on the same controller is not
guaranteed to work.

Jesper