Re: "Invalid download offset" when downloading eCos

Daniel.Andersson@combitechsystems.com wrote:

> Hi,
>
> >Daniel.Andersson@combitechsystems.com wrote:
> >>
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> I am using Carl's version of eCos but i cant download any code. If i try
> >> then i get the below error message from gdb. I have tried downloading on
> >> different locations i.e. 0x02018000 and 0x02000000 and according to the
> >> manual it should be right. What else could be wrong?
> >
> >From the output it looks like the spaces in the filename path are confusing
> >it.
> >

> I don't think so because i have a ledblink application in the same folder
> that is NOT using eCos and it works fine to download it. If i run an objdump
> on my output file i get the following:

It just seemed odd that the output was:

Connected to ARM RDI target.
gdb.ini:3: Error in sourced command file:
Invalid download offset: files/red hat/eCos/examples/kalle.out

Which implies that it was interpreting "file/red hat
eCos/examples/kalle.out" is a download offset. But instead I suspect that
it's just the error message output that is getting garbled because of the
space in the filename.

But if you have a different app that works,certainly compare your objdump
output with that, particularly given Lewin's comments.

> Another question: Is it possitble to download an eCos application with
> Angel and make it work fine or do i have to download an eCos gdb stub
> first.

Interworking with Angel has not been a priority due to its proprietary
nature, dearth of documentation and unreliability.

But we've made it work for the PID I believe. Check through the ARM HAL for
the option CYGSEM_HAL_ARM_PID_ANGEL_BOOT to see what is involved.