Question About "Clock Hardware Initialization Value" Option?

Hi all:
   I am configuring the tick time for the ecos. I met with a clock hardware
initialization value option in the ecos configuration tool. It recommend to
refer to the hardware reference. Does it mean the target platform or the
microprocessor's manual? I am currently using the ARM Evaluator7T Board for
developing. What is this value used to do?

Thanks all
james