RE: Hello_eCos_World on iPAQ.

On 23-Apr-2001 Victor Tarasov wrote:
> Hi,
> It seems that I am not so intelligent to run alone my first RedBoot
> application on iPAQ.
> Can you help me, please?
>
> Package installation was made by:
>>ecosconfig new ipaq redboot
>>ecosconfig import redboot_RAM.ecm
>>ecosconfig resolve
>>ecosconfig tree
>>make
>
> Hello_eCos was compiled with:
>>arm-elf-gcc -mcpu=strongarm                      -c -o hello.o -g -Wall
> -I/redboot/ecos-ram/install/include -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections
> hello.c
>>arm-elf-gcc -mcpu=strongarm                      -nostartfiles
> -L/redboot/ecos-ram/install/lib -Wl,--gc-sections -o hello hello.o
> -Ttarget.ld -nostdlib /redboot/ecos-ram/install/lib/version.o

This is probably not what you really wanted to do.  You'll need to build
a separate configuration just for the 'hello' program, like this (in a
directory just for this):
  % mkdir /tmp/ipaq_ecos
  % cd /tmp/ipaq_ecos
  % ecosconfig new ipaq
  % ecosconfig tree
  % make

Then re-do your commands, but use /tmp/ipaq_ecos instead of /redboot/ecos-ram
  <<snip>>

> PS: How can I recompile RedBoot for iPAQ?
> "RedBoot" template with the imported configuration
> $ECOS_REPOSITORY/packages/hal/arm/sa11x0/ipaq/current/misc/redboot_Compaq.ecm
> (also redboot_rom.ecm)
> gives the binaries that are not working on the iPAQ.
> The templates "all", "default" and "stubs" give the error during
> compilation.

Why do you want to recompile RedBoot?