RE: Re: DHCP shuts down Ethernet device?

>> I am running RedBoot on an MBX board and downloading my eCos
>application
>> with networking support.
>>
>> I noticed your post about the Ethernet device shutdown and
>was wondering if
>> I could possibly be running
>> into the same problem.
>
>Only if you don't have a DHCP server on your net and you're
>trying to use
>the ethernet driver for other purposes than the TCP/IP stack.

I have a DHCP server on my net.  However, my confusion comes with the fact
that I have RedBoot coming up using BOOTP, which I have a server for as
well.  So, RedBoot gets its IP address.  Is this address then passed onto
the application, or is the application layer supposed to get its own, new
address?

I'm a little confused about how the RedBoot and eCos app layer stack coexist
on my target.  I am using the RedBoot Ethernet for debugging the
application.

--Anthony