Re: Hello_eCos_World on iPAQ.

Note: email which is not sent to the discussion list (or at least copied to it)
will be automatically discarded from now on.  Please use the list.

On 24-Apr-2001 Victor Tarasov wrote:
> Thank you very much for the attention.
>
> Gary Thomas wrote:
>
>> This is probably not what you really wanted to do.  You'll need to build
>> a separate configuration just for the 'hello' program, like this (in a
>> directory just for this):
>>   % mkdir /tmp/ipaq_ecos
>>   % cd /tmp/ipaq_ecos
>>   % ecosconfig new ipaq
>>   % ecosconfig tree
>>   % make
>
> I tried this sequence also. During the compilation of the libraries it looks for:
>>packages/devs/touch/arm/ipaq/current/src/ipaq_ts.c:57: cyg/fileio/fileio.h: No
> such file or directory
>
> The only fileio.h that I found in the CVS distribution is
> packages/io/fileio/current/include/fileio.h,
> so, I added it manually to the install directory, but afterwards it looks for
> pkgconf/io_fileio.h
> That one, I have not found in the CVS distribution.

Yes, there was a problem here.  This can be fixed by adding the command
  % ecosconfig add fileio
just before the 'ecosconfig tree' line.

>> > PS: How can I recompile RedBoot for iPAQ?
>> > "RedBoot" template with the imported configuration
>> > $ECOS_REPOSITORY/packages/hal/arm/sa11x0/ipaq/current/misc/redboot_Compaq.ecm
>> > (also redboot_rom.ecm)
>> > gives the binaries that are not working on the iPAQ.
>> > The templates "all", "default" and "stubs" give the error during
>> > compilation.
>>
>> Why do you want to recompile RedBoot?
>
> It's  some kind of  desparate action:
> before to dive deeply into the investigation of eCos and its configuration options
> ,
> I would like to have something  that was compiled and is working on iPAQ.
> (That's why I was asking you for the configuration for the building of  the
> ipaq_Compaq.bin,
> that you sent me recently. In the CVS the ECMs for ipaq were not updated.)

There were no changes required to that file for the fixes I made.  Here's how
to build that file:
  % ecosconfig new ipaq redboot
  % ecosconfig import $ECOS_REPOSITORY/packages/hal/arm/sa11x0/ipaq/current/misc/redboot_Compaq.ecm
  % ecosconfig tree
  % make
The resulting file 'install/bin/redboot.bin' is what is distributed as "redboot.Compaq".