Re: RE: RedBoot

"Anthony Massa" <amassa@san.rr.com> writes:

> > > This option is already enabled in my eCos application build.  However, I
> > > don't see any of
> > > this information printed out.
> >
> > That implies it's not getting an address. Thinking about it maybe
> > you can't
> > have both RedBoot and the app getting an addr from DHCP. Perhaps give
> > RedBoot a static address to see.
> >
> > Anyone else confirm?
>
> After reading a previous post from Hugo, I changed RedBoot to have a static
> IP and gateway address.  The same thing happens when I do this.

Uh, you have called "init_all_network_interfaces()" in you app?  The
network doesn't initialize automatically - precisely to allow for the
flexibility we've been discussing.  I mean, the dhcp thread will manage
your leases *after the interfaces are brung up* but it won't initiate the
bringup.

I do advise staying with the static IP for RedBoot.

	- Huge