Re: ARM Thumb

>   When I build  the toolchain for eCos I follow the indications of eCos'
> web page.
>In there they use the switch --with-newlib, but I have never built newlib
>itself.
>   Is the output of newlib the library libgcc.a?

You can get newlib by following the "other projects" (or is it "more
projects"?) link on sources.redhat.com. Note that this is yet another piece
of software that seems broken on cygwin. I had to build it on a Linux
system and move it across.

If you build newlib 1.9.0 with a recent cvs snapshot of gcc then you'll get
both the arm and thumb versions of the library (libc.a, libm.a,
thumb/libc.a, thumb/libm.a) built automatically.

=== Lewin A.R.W. Edwards (Embedded Engineer)
Work: http://www.digi-frame.com/
Personal: http://www.zws.com/ and http://www.larwe.com/

"... a man who is endowed with real qualities of leadership will be tempted
to refrain from taking part in political life; because [...] the situation
does not call for a man who has a capacity for constructive statesmanship
but rather for a man who is capable of bargaining for the favour of the
majority. Thus the situation will appeal to small minds and will attract
them accordingly."