Re: RedBoot

Anthony Massa wrote:

> I tried to run the tests by first selecting Build->Tests.  Then Tools->Run
> Tests, which brought up an error dialog to add the mbx platform, which I
> did.  Then I selected the tests to run, connected to my target via TCP
> (using my static address in RedBoot).
>
> However, each time I tried I got this message - no matter what test I ran:
>
> *** 21:00:17 Run started
> [ 13 Th 21:00:18] Couldn't get process information!
> Failed to run "" - The system cannot find the file specified.
>
> *** 21:00:22 Run complete

Perhaps the cygwin tools aren't in the path. Have you installed the .reg
file mentioned in "Updated configuration tools for Windows" at
http://sources.redhat.com/ecos/anoncvs.html ?

> Not being able to run the tests, I tried to get more insight as to where my
> application was failing.  I find that it is failing in the function
> quicc_eth_init in if_quicc.c.  This is called from cyg_net_init, in the for
> loop after the thread (cyg_netint) is created and started.  I have had some
> troubles with GDB crashing while stepping through various parts of the
> quicc_eth_init routine - once it crashed when stepping over HAL_DCACHE_SYNC.
> It seems to have problems with the cyg_drv_interrupt_unmask function call.

Looking at it, the problem may be that the interrupts are set up so near
the start. This means that any interrupts received before the init function
finishes could lead to problems because the rest of the driver hasn't been
initialised. And if RedBoot had been using the eth device, interrupts
_would_ already be enabled.

Try setting up the interrupt handling much closer to the end, or perhaps
just try turning off interrupts throughout that function just to see if
that helps.