RE: Problem when building the Tools for ARM development

>is the following all right?
>
>C:\cygwin\bin on /usr/bin type system (textmode)
>C:\cygwin\lib on /usr/lib type system (textmode)
>c:\cygwin\tmp on /tmp type user (binmode)
>C:\cygwin on / type system (textmode)
>c: on /c type user (textmode)
>d: on /d type user (textmode)
>e: on /e type user (textmode)

Well, it's not quite the same as mine. Are you really using Cygwin "1.3.1"
or are you using _eCos_ 1.3.1? I am using Cygwin:

>$ uname -r
>1.1.8(0.34/3/2)

and here is my mountlist (/digiframe and /atdev are convenient aliases to
development directories for two projects of mine). You'll note that I don't
have a separate /tmp mount point, it inherits / :

>Device              Directory           Type         Flags
>c:\ARMDigi\digiframe  /digiframe          user         textmode
>C:\cygwin\bin       /usr/bin            system       binmode
>C:\cygwin\lib       /usr/lib            system       binmode
>C:\cygwin           /                   system       binmode
>c:\atdev            /atdev              user         textmode
>c:                  /c                  user         textmode

=== Lewin A.R.W. Edwards (Embedded Engineer)
Work: http://www.digi-frame.com/
Personal: http://www.zws.com/ and http://www.larwe.com/

"... a man who is endowed with real qualities of leadership will be tempted
to refrain from taking part in political life; because [...] the situation
does not call for a man who has a capacity for constructive statesmanship
but rather for a man who is capable of bargaining for the favour of the
majority. Thus the situation will appeal to small minds and will attract
them accordingly."