Watchdog Device

Hi,

I have a doubt regarding the use of the watchdog device.

Can I program a watchdog device to interrupt my application after a
particular delay i.e., can I use the Watchdog device as a delay mechanism
instead of using the "delay" system clock provided by the OS.

The reason for this is, I need a particular application of mine to go to the
" wait " state for a time that is lower than the tick value I am using. And
I dont want to reduce the value of the system tick. For example, if I am
using a tick value of 10millisec I can make my application sleep for only an
integral multiple of 10millisec. But I want my application to sleep for a
time less than 10millisec, say for 10microsec.
In this case I can not use the " delay " system call provided by eCos
because it takes a parameter only in terms of ticks.

Can anyone give me some idea about how to solve this particular problem. Can
I solve using a Watchdog device.

Note: I am using an i386 processor that has a timer clock of frequency
1.1987Mhz.

Regards,
Indrasena

Any unauthorised review, use, disclosure, dissemination, forwarding, printing or copying of this email or any action taken in reliance on this e-mail is strictly
prohibited and may be unlawful.

		Visit us at http://www.cognizant.com