Re: question about mbx redboot source handling

Nohee Ko wrote:

> hi.
> I try to porting redboot image to my mpc860 platform, not mbx
> evaluation board.
> so I modified mbx redboot source little bit. but It wasn't working.
> I think that is why clock setting and memory map are different between
> my platform and mbx evaluation board.
> mainly I got a two questions.
>
> first,
> my 860 platform uses 50mhz system clock.
> But I don't understand what clock mbx evaluation board uses exactly.
> to fix clock to 50 mhz, where should I change at mbx redboot source?

The MBX CDL has configuration for 40 MHz and 50MHz. For your platform, just
fix it at 50MHz surely?

> second,
> when I compile mbx redboot source to start from Flash( with Redboot_ROM.
> ecm), the result(redboot.srec) says
> the first code are located at 0xfe000000. But should first code( reset
> vector) be located at 0xfe000100?

The reset vector is at 0xfe000100. If you look at
powerpc/arch/VERSION/src/vectors.S you'll see in the "rom_vectors" bit that
there's a reserved exception before the reset vector. The reset_vector
macro is defined to align the reset vector to 0x100 bytes.