RE: Help on Flash support in Redboot for Xscale.

Mark,
Thanks for explaining. You are correct, in that redboot uses the
default values for FEBR0 and FBSR0( i.e flash base and size).But,
this only perplexes me. Cause, when i configure redboot without
CYGPKG_DEVS_FLASH_IQ80310 and with RAM startup, and load this guy
into RAM, the it works, imean i could get Redboot prompt etc.
But when i build it for ROM, with Flash support and load the guy
into flash, then it dies somewhere in '_real_platform_setup'.At
this point all the MCU(mem cntrl Unit) registers becomes zero.
What could be happening here? I mean, when i looked into this
macro, it seemed to me pretty straight forward, but still, i am
unable to figure out the why's/where's/what's.
Could you guys pls help me out. Point me to some doc/reading material.

Thanks and Regards
Venkat

> Hi,
> I am trying to incorporate Flash support into Redboot for Xscale, but
> the binary didn't work. When i looked up in the include
file(hal_iq80310.h),
> i didn't find the definition of base address of flash. Did i miss
something
> here?
> Who sets up FEBR0/1 registers in Xscale?
> Also, where and how the flash gets setup.

> I would appreciate your help.

Flash occupies 0x00000000 - 0x01ffffff on the IQ80310. I forget the
details, but either the flash bank registers are not used or the
default values are used. RedBoot does not touch them.

--Mark